Chinese tea eggs, one of Chinese traditional food, is a famous snack good for both the young and the elders. It is actually a kind of boiled egg into which tea leaves are added in the process to strengthen the flavor, which is usually eaten for breakfast.
(Like cinnamon and bay)
- Prepare the spices and seasoner for stewing Chinese tea eggs.
- get the eggs washed, put them in the pot(a spoonful of salt is advisable to solidify the leaked egg whites from broken eggs), give it a boil over high heat and simmer it over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the boiled eggs and shell them.
- Put the eggs back into the pot, add water, the spices, the black tea bag… and stew them for 60 minutes.
- You can eat the delicious Chinese tea eggs right off the bat or keep them for breakfast the next day.
- Are you attracted to this kind of tea eggs? It is delicious and convenient. If you like it, just have a try.
- Place the tea leaves in the sealed gauze in order to avoid tea residues in the soup.
- Keep the boiled eggs till the next day to strengthen the flavor.
- A repetitive use of the soup is viable as long as adding some spices and seasoner.